Based in the UK, INSTANDA is an insurance software provider challenging the status quo. We have built an exciting software tool which fundamentally changes how companies who sell insurance can design and deliver insurance products to the market. We work directly with Insurers, Managing General Agents (MGA’s), and Brokers. Using leading edge technologies, INSTANDA insurance software is entirely configurable from the ground up. It is not a one-size-fits-all model. We allow companies to use insurance software in the way they want to. We have many global clients using INSTANDA who confirm the game-changing benefits of the product - significant speed coupled with time and cost savings for the insurance sector.
Founded in 2012, we spent several years designing and building the platform which is now being used globally by some of the world’s largest insurance companies. Amongst our many achievements, we were recently chosen by Microsoft UK as a disruptive technology that their ventures program sponsored. INSTANDA now has over 25 employees based in London, Huntingdon, and Cambridge.
Learn more about us at www.instanda.com
Based in London, we are seeking a Project Manager to join the Service & Delivery team. Reporting to the Head of Client Delivery, this a new position being added to the INSTANDA team. As one of UK’s fastest growing insurtech’s, we are fortunate in having insurance companies and brokers request to implement our product for their insurance products. We are looking for someone who loves to run rapid Agile projects and keep our clients happy. You are someone who enjoys understanding who our clients are, what they need, and when. You have strong collaboration skills which you will use to partner with the Head of Client Delivery to prioritise tasks with our sales, configuration, engineering and platform delivery teams. You will help to set up and run processes to maximise how our teams operate.
We are seeking a proactive, detail oriented and technically savvy individual who can manage changing priorities with a passion for client delivery. Being a start-up, this role will continue to evolve and grow based on the successful candidate’s experiences and contributions. If this sounds like you, please keep reading and apply!
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the Instanda delivery for individual clients from project set-up through planning, configuration, testing and careful transition to support; commonly you would expect to manage 2-4 projects at one time
- Being a single point of contact for all your client’s issues until safely handing them into support
- Weekly client reporting on delivery status
- Collaborating with internal and external team members to manage efficient delivery of our clients’ requirements
- Supporting definition of the standard INSTANDA delivery process
- Mitigating issues and risks, for example:
- Ensuring the client books sufficient resources at appropriate times e.g. test resources.
- What additional development does the client need and managing expectations over scheduling?
- How many people do we need and when to ensure we meet our SLAs in Europe and North America
- Based on how many new clients we are getting, how many people should we hire and when?
- What are common issues coming back from support and how can we resolve them?
- What should we do to improve our client training materials?
- What processes are no longer valuable and what should we implement instead (if any?)
- Spotting patterns and effectively communicating how to proceed
- Collaborating with the sales and account management team on client priorities
- Collaborating with the development team on roadmap priorities and delivery status
- Providing handover into support at appropriate times of the project
- At least 4 years of professional experience in project management
- You have experience or exposure to the insurance industry
- You have experience running Agile projects
- You have foundation level PRINCE2 at a minimum
- You are extremely organized, understand business drivers and enjoy juggling multiple priorities
- You enjoy thinking on your feet
- You are able to build relationships with all our clients and are comfortable with managing difficult messages
- You have a positive and fun outlook
- You like to work autonomously and as a contributing member of a cross functional team
- You enjoy managing multiple efforts simultaneously
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with a flair for expressing technical concepts in everyday language
- You love the idea of working for a start-up
NICE TO HAVES
- A degree in Business, Engineering, Maths or equivalent is an asset
- Experience working for a start-up or fast paced technology focused company
- Longer-term, you are looking to extend your career in programme management or client account management
- You can be part of a brand new small team making big changes
- We offer 25 vacation days but recognize that some people like more personal time! We offer the option of buying up to 5 additional vacation days per year
- We offer a wellness allowance of 100 GBP per month. We would like our employees to use this towards private medical health, a gym membership, or health and wellness related expenses
- INSTANDA matches employee pension contributions up to 3% of basic salary – we help you save!
- We offer a discretionary quarterly bonus based on the performance of the company for our employees who have passed their probationary period
- We are introducing a Cycle to Work Scheme
- Our London office is located in a We Work space – that means you can take advantage of fun meet ups, beer on tap, snacks and fun activities organized by We Work
- Some travel opportunities for visiting overseas clients
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Please apply directly online before August 15th, 2017
- We are not using 2 agencies for this role -- please do not contact us if you are an agency not engaged on this search
- You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!