Head of Client Delivery
Based in the UK, INSTANDA is an insurance software provider challenging the status quo. We have built an exciting software tool which fundamentally changes how companies who sell insurance can design and deliver insurance products to the market. We work directly with Insurers, Managing General Agents (MGA’s), and Brokers. Using leading edge technologies, INSTANDA insurance software is entirely configurable from the ground up. It is not a one-size-fits-all model. We allow companies to use insurance software in the way they want to. We have many global clients using INSTANDA who confirm the game-changing benefits of the product - significant speed coupled with time and cost savings for the insurance sector.
Founded in 2012, we spent several years designing and building the platform which is now being used globally by some of the world’s largest insurance companies. Amongst our many achievements, we were recently chosen by Microsoft UK as a disruptive technology that their ventures program sponsored. INSTANDA now has over 25 employees based in London, Huntingdon, and Cambridge.
Learn more about us at www.instanda.com
Based in London, we are seeking a Head of Client Delivery to lead our project management and configuration resources. Reporting to the Chief Operations Officer, this is a permanent position in the INSTANDA team taking over from a consultant who has been leading this team on an interim basis and will continue to support the company in other roles. As one of UK’s fastest growing insurtech companies, we are fortunate in having insurance companies and brokers wanting to implement our product for their insurance products. We are looking for someone who loves the challenge of managing varying priorities and is excited about growing the team. You are someone who enjoys understanding who our clients are, what they need, and managing the full delivery process. You have strong collaboration skills which you will use to partner with the wider team to prioritise tasks for our sales, configuration, engineering and platform delivery teams. You will help to set up and run processes to improve how our teams operate.
We are seeking a proactive, detail oriented and technically savvy individual who can readily manage changing priorities while supporting and enthusing team members. Being a start-up, this role will continue to evolve and grow based on the successful candidate’s experiences and contributions. If this sounds like you, please keep reading and apply!
Responsibilities will include:
- Proactively support clients from business development through to support, including extending client training materials and encouraging clients to develop their own skills in configuring Instanda
- Manage a client delivery team that is currently being actively expanded to perform Instanda delivery for individual clients from project set-up through planning, configuration, testing and careful transition to support
- support team members with the challenges of client delivery in the fields of INSTANDA configuration, system analysis and architecture, project management, PMO and training
- set individual performance objectives and support team members with their personal development plans,
- assess processes to ensure our team is operating efficiently; improve processes and development plans,
- adjust assignment schedules for team members as required,
- recruitment and internal training to double the size of the team by December 2017
- ensure regular and appropriate levels of client project management and progress reporting
- ensure issues raised by clients are resolved
- obtain client feedback on project progress
- work with third parties as required to support client deliveries
- Work with the Sales & Account Management team on complex proposals including the effective prioritisation of specialist support from within the client delivery team for business development demos and proposals, including system specifications for development where needed
- Work with the Support team to ensure effective project hand-in to support and provide specialist support from within the client delivery team for resolving complex support issues and providing client configuration training
- Work with the Development team to effectively prioritise the Instanda roadmap and specific client development needs
- You have exposure and/or experience in the insurance industry
- You have significant experience in project or consultancy delivery roles and have managed teams with a range of delivery priorities from bids through project management to existing clients needing support and change management
- You understand the benefits of internal team satisfaction as a key management goal and will work to ensure that your team feel consistently well supported
- You have project management qualifications and have worked in both Agile and Waterfall environments
- You have significant experience in operational management or team leadership roles
- You have the ability and the desire to think strategically about the bigger picture for Instanda and for each of our clients, to define what improvement looks like and to effectively implement a continuing programme of improvement ideas
- You can build effective internal and external relationships at all levels of an organisation
- You are extremely organized, understand business drivers and enjoy juggling multiple priorities
- You have a positive, can-do approach to work and enjoy inspiring others
- You enjoy thinking on your feet
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with a flair for expressing technical concepts in everyday language
- You love the idea of working for a start-up
NICE TO HAVES
- A degree in Business, Engineering, Maths or equivalent is an asset
- Experience managing client relationships from a software provider perspective
- Experience in business development including participating in complex proposal responses
- Experience working for a start-up or fast paced technology focused company
- You can be part of a brand new small team making big changes
- We offer 25 vacation days but recognize that some people like more personal time! We offer the option of buying up to 5 additional vacation days per year
- We offer a wellness allowance of 100 GBP per month. We would like our employees to use this towards private medical health, a gym membership, or health and wellness related expenses
- INSTANDA matches employee pension contributions up to 3% of basic salary – we help you save!
- We are introducing a Cycle to Work Scheme
- Our London office is located in a We Work space – that means you can take advantage of fun meet ups, beer on tap, snacks and fun activities organized by We Work
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- We will begin interviewing for this role in early August – please apply prior to this
- We are not using any agencies or staffing firms for this role – please do not contact us
- You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!