Based in the UK, INSTANDA is an insurance software provider challenging the status quo. We have built an exciting software tool which fundamentally changes how companies who sell insurance can design and deliver insurance products to the market. We work directly with Insurers, Managing General Agents (MGA’s), and Brokers. Using leading-edge technologies, INSTANDA insurance software is entirely configurable from the ground up. It is not a one-size-fits-all model. We allow companies to use insurance software in the way they want to. We have many global clients using INSTANDA who confirm the game-changing benefits of the product — significant speed coupled with time and cost savings for the insurance sector.
Founded in 2012, we spent several years designing and building the platform which is now being used globally by some of the world’s largest insurance companies. Amongst our many achievements, we were recently chosen by Microsoft UK as a disruptive technology that their ventures program sponsored. INSTANDA now has over 30 employees based in London, Huntingdon, and Cambridge.
Learn more about us at https://instanda.com/
Based in Histon, we are seeking a UI Designer to join the Service & Delivery team. Reporting to our UX Web Designer with a dotted line to the Head of Client Delivery, this is a new position being added to the INSTANDA team. As one of UK’s fastest growing InsurTech firms, we are fortunate to have insurance companies and brokers request to implement our product for their insurance products. As part of configuring the product for each client, we have to ensure the user interface and experience is best in class.
We are seeking a proactive, detail oriented and technically savvy individual who can manage changing priorities with a passion and experience for user interface design. Being a start-up, this role will continue to evolve and grow based on the successful candidate’s experiences and contributions. If this sounds like you, please keep reading and apply!
Responsibilities will include:
- Work with our UX/Web Designer to complete projects in a timely manner
- Provide support to existing clients or their branding agencies in how to implement design and UX changes to the INSTANDA user configurable websites
- Set up initial business development demo sites and/or client environments
- Support the set-up or amendment of specific client websites
- Collaborate with clients or their branding agencies and use the INSTANDA website configuration tool as well as front-end development skills to:
- Define changes requiring development; work with developers to obtain estimates and to implement changes post-development
- Contribute to marketing materials, sales materials, and client training materials; including maintaining INSTANDA branded templates (PowerPoint, Word, etc.) and supporting other team members as required with branded document formatting, and marketing collateral
- Support the INSTANDA company website, along with marketing team, helping with marketing campaigns and ongoing marketing strategies
- Occasional travel to INSTANDA offices in London or Huntingdon and to client sites in a variety of national and international locations (pre-approved travel costs are paid in line with INSTANDA travel policy)
- Provide ideas for platform growth and development. Create mock-ups/prototypes of designs for clients of internal sales demo sites.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in web design and or user interface design (internships count!)
- Experience working with HTML and CSS (and preferably LESS)
- Ability to articulate verbal and written design concepts leveraging a variety of design tools
- Good understanding of optimisation for creative design, with special attention to responsive design across multiple devices
- Experience with tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign and similar. Experience with online tools to help optimise workflow, i.e. browser developer tools, gradient creators, svg converters, and similar
- Interested in staying up to date with the latest web and app UI / UX design trends, technologies and techniques
- Ability to work autonomously and as a contributing member of a cross functional team
- Ability to manage multiple efforts simultaneously and be a key contributor to design projects
- Experience working with standard Microsoft Office tools, including PowerPoint and Word templates
- Exceptional attention to detail and processes with proven ability to be organised and prioritise
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a flair to express technical concepts in an everyday language, internally and with clients or third parties
- A degree in Design, Business, Engineering, Maths or equivalent is an asset
- Experience working in the insurance industry
- Experience working directly with clients or client design agencies in a professional capacity
- Experience working for a start-up or fast paced technology-focused company
- Experience in creating graphics and preparing documents for print
- Experience with marketing tools like Mailchimp, Google AdWords, LinkedIn advertising, etc.
- Experience with photo and video editing
- Comfortable with different file formats and vector image files
- You have the opportunity to be part of a brand new small team making big changes
- We offer 25 vacation days but recognize that some people like more personal time! We offer the option of buying up to 5 additional vacation days per year
- We offer a wellness allowance of 100 GBP per month. We would like our employees to use this towards private medical health, a gym membership, or health and wellness related expenses. We also deliver fresh fruit to the office weekly
- INSTANDA matches employee pension contributions up to 3% of basic salary — we help you save!
- We offer a discretionary quarterly bonus based on the performance of the company for our employees who have passed their probationary period
- We are introducing a Cycle to Work Scheme
- Our London office is located in a WeWork space — that means you can take advantage of fun meet-ups, beer on tap, snacks, and fun activities organised by WeWork
- Please apply directly online before September 18th, 2017
- We are not using any agencies or staffing firms for this role — please do not contact us
- You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!