Based in the UK, INSTANDA is an insurance software provider challenging the status quo. We have built an exciting software tool which fundamentally changes how companies who sell insurance can design and deliver insurance products to the market. We work directly with Insurers, Managing General Agents (MGA’s), and Brokers. Using leading edge technologies, INSTANDA insurance software is entirely configurable from the ground up. It is not a one-size-fits-all model. We allow companies to use insurance software in the way they want to. We have many global clients using INSTANDA who confirm the game-changing benefits of the product - significant speed coupled with time and cost savings for the insurance sector.
Founded in 2012, we spent several years designing and building the platform which is now being used globally by some of the world’s largest insurance companies. Amongst our many achievements, we were recently chosen by Microsoft UK as a disruptive technology that their ventures program sponsored. INSTANDA now has over 50 employees based in London, Huntingdon, and Cambridge.
Learn more about us at www.instanda.com
Based in one either London or Cambridge, we are seeking an intuitive and client focused Sales Manager to join the team. This is a customer facing role focusing on identifying and meeting clients, understanding our client’s needs, and participating in gathering requirements while providing technical, product, and business knowledge to support sales processes and strengthen customer relationships. No prior experience of the INSTANDA platform is required but exposure to the insurance industry is a requirement. This person has the ability to clearly communicate, be intuitive in understanding client requirements, and be part of a team to deliver the solution our clients need. Our clients face technology and resource constraints which mean that new insurance products and/or offerings could take a very long time to launch and be very costly. With INSTANDA however, insurers can build their products, set their distribution networks, test and launch their products in unprecedented timescales – all without writing a single line of code. The person in this role will ensure our customers can successfully and easily do all these things and more!
Responsibilities will include:
- Identify and meet with prospective and existing clients in the insurance industry to understand their pain points while identifying ways our insurance SAAS product can help them
- Promote INSTANDA’s products and services while addressing and predicting our client objectives
- Partner with INSTANDA employees to prepare sales contracts ensuring adherence to laws and guidelines
- Maintain a realistic pipeline indicating the true status of prospective clients
- Partner with other INSTANDA employees to manage, support, and retain key accounts
- Conduct technical demonstrations of our software
- Partner with our service delivery and engineering teams to support and configure the design of the product for the client
- This role will require travel to client sites in London and surrounding area with occasional travel to other parts of the UK and overseas
- A degree in Business, Politics, Social Studies, Computer Science, or equivalent degree is an asset
- 3+ years of professional experiences in an account manager, business development or sales role in a B2B environment (internships count!)
- Understanding of insurance terminology is a must
- Must be commercially savvy with strong listening skills
- Proven ability to be organized and prioritize
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a flair to express technical concepts in an everyday language
- Excellent Excel and PowerPoint and CRM skills (e.g.: Salesforce)
- Confident presentations and negotiation skills
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with senior management at the client site
- Ability to multi-task and handle competing deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- A take ownership and client facing outlook
- Process oriented outlook understanding when to involve other members of the INSTANDA team whether that be senior executives, engineers, or configuration analysts
- Exposure to insurance product design, e-trading or TCF guidelines is an asset
- You have the opportunity to be part of a brand new small team making big changes
- We offer 25 vacation days but recognize that some people like more personal time! We offer the option of buying up to 5 additional vacation days per year
- We offer a wellness allowance of 100 GBP per month. We would like our employees to use this towards private medical health, a gym membership, or health and wellness related expenses
- INSTANDA matches employee pension contributions up to 3% of basic salary – we help you save!
- We offer a discretionary quarterly bonus based on the performance of the company for our employees who have passed their probationary period
- We are introducing a Cycle to Work Scheme
- Our London office is located in a We Work space – that means you can take advantage of fun meet ups, beer on tap, snacks and fun activities organized by We Work
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Please apply directly online before December 2nd, 2017
- We are not using any agencies or staffing firms for this role – please do not contact us
- You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role
Do you have a LinkedIn account? Import your resume and save time!