Business Analyst - Life & Health
Based in the UK, INSTANDA is an insurance software provider challenging the status quo. We have built an exciting software tool which fundamentally changes how companies who sell insurance can design and deliver insurance products to the market. We work directly with Insurers, Managing General Agents (MGA’s), and Brokers. Using leading-edge technologies, INSTANDA insurance software is entirely configurable from the ground up. It is not a one-size-fits-all model. We allow companies to use insurance software in the way they want to. We have many global clients using INSTANDA who confirm the game-changing benefits of the product — significant speed coupled with time and cost savings for the insurance sector.
Founded in 2012, we spent several years designing and building the platform which is now being used globally by some of the world’s largest insurance companies. Amongst our many achievements, we were recently chosen by Microsoft UK as a disruptive technology that their ventures program sponsored. With just 20 employees in the company in January 2017, INSTANDA now has over 70 employees based in the UK (London, Histon, and Huntingdon), in the US, and Canada. We are expanding globally and look forward to hiring employees throughout London, Europe, and North America to join our team.
Learn more about us at https://instanda.com/
Based in London, we are seeking a Business Analyst to join our solutions team. Focusing, initially on developing our Life & Health proposition the role reports to the Head of Solutions and will work extensively with the Managing Director of our life & Health Business.
Responsibilities will include:
- documenting business cases from concept through development
- crafting functional and non-functional requirements and translating our business and technical requirements to actionable activities
- systems and process gap analysis that translates activities for the Development team
- analysing systems to enable migration of data
- identifying configuration requirements to brief our internal teams
- partnering with our Life & Health clients proof of concept (PoC) development
The role will require a strong understanding of both business and technical solutions and a strong understanding of both the Instanda platform capabilities and industry-based solutions and technologies.
- you will have a proven track record as Business Analyst within the Insurance industry sector and specific to the Life & Health business
- with a deep knowledge and practical understanding of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) you will have experience of working closely with technical teams (i.e. development, QA and configuration)
- as an expert Business Analyst you will be able to demonstrate your high level of competence in requirements gathering, documentation and defining functional and non-functional requirements
- you will have the ability to write business requirements that gather the clients' key criteria and be able to align these to our commercial and technical considerations
- you’ll ideally have experience of defining high-level proofs of concept
- you will have experience of working alongside configuration and development teams to deliver technical solutions
- with strong stakeholder relationship management skills, you’ll be able to consult with our clients and partners on product configuration, business & technology integration
- you will have experience of process and systems analysis and be able to translate technical principles into business objectives
- we need you to be confident in presenting to clients and partner organisations
- you’ll have an ability to multi-task and handle competing deadlines in our fast-paced dynamic environment
- Experience working for a tech business or a start-up is a desirable
- We offer 25 vacation days but recognise that some people like more personal time! We offer the option of buying up to 5 additional vacation days per year
- We offer a wellness allowance of 100 GBP per month. We would like our employees to use this towards private medical health, a gym membership, or health and wellness related expenses
- INSTANDA matches employee pension contributions up to 3% of basic salary – we help you save!
- We offer a discretionary quarterly bonus based on the performance of the company for our employees who have passed their probationary period
- Flexibility to work one day from home
- One year after joining the company, employees are eligible for share options
- We offer a competitive learning and development subsidy for our employees once they pass probation
- We are introducing a Cycle to Work Scheme
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this opportunity
- We are not using any agencies or staffing firms for this role – please do not contact us