Based in the UK, INSTANDA is an insurance software provider challenging the status quo. We have built an exciting software tool which fundamentally changes how companies who sell insurance can design and deliver insurance products to the market. We work directly with Insurers, Managing General Agents (MGA’s), and Brokers. Using leading-edge technologies, INSTANDA insurance software is entirely configurable from the ground up. It is not a one-size-fits-all model. We allow companies to use insurance software in the way they want to. We have many global clients using INSTANDA who confirm the game-changing benefits of the product — significant speed coupled with time and cost savings for the insurance sector.
Founded in 2012, we spent several years designing and building the platform which is now being used globally by some of the world’s largest insurance companies. Amongst our many achievements, we were recently chosen by Microsoft UK as a disruptive technology that their ventures program sponsored. With just 20 employees in the company in January 2017, INSTANDA now has over 70 employees based in the UK (London, Histon, and Huntingdon), in the US, and Canada. We are expanding globally and look forward to hiring employees throughout London, Europe, and North America to join our team.
Learn more about us at https://instanda.com/
We are seeking a knowledgeable, ambitious, and positive HR Manager to join our growing team. The role can be based in London, Histon, or Huntingdon. Reporting to the Head of Talent & HR, this role will be responsible for the day-to-day operations of the HR function. Since inception of the business, our focus has been high growth. We have implemented a few policies, some learning and development programs, and offer many exciting benefits. We are excited to take the HR function to the next level now! The role outlined below suggested the basics of the job – but, the sky is the limit! If you thrive on creating exciting work places, love HR administration, and are a natural problem solver, please apply!
Responsibilities will include:
- You will be responsible for all the day-to-day operational HR activities across our offices, such as:
- Onboarding and Off boarding of employees
- Coordinating payroll
- Managing our employee management system
- Owning all employee documentation
- Helping organize Talent & HR events
- Managing our benefits
- Partner with internal stakeholders to implement of human resource policies to ensure employees have a positive, transparent and engaging HR experience
- You support current and future business needs through initiatives that support the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of employees’ skills, training and general well-being
- We will need you to develop, implement and monitor HR operational activities such as UK and Global policies, data and systems and procedures across the business
- You will be responsible for ensuring legal compliance throughout human resource management; liasing with our outsourced partners and advisers
- You will support the Head of Talent & HR in the implementation of strategic projects focused on compensation, financial rewards in the UK, Europe and the USA
- You’ll take ownership of managing the company-wide benefits and compensation at all levels of the business
- ... much much more!
- You have a track record of successfully operating as a HR Manager or HR Business Partner operating with experience of company-wide HR policy adoption and implementation
- You have an expert understanding of the UK labour laws and be able to implement related HR policies
- Experience of a wide range of industry recognised HR systems and platforms would be beneficial (i.e. Harvest, HiBob, HRLocker etc.)
- You will have experience of illustrating the benefits of HR in 1-2-1, team-based and company-wide presentations
- Qualification to CIPD Foundation level or a Degree in Human Resources would be desirable
- You have understanding or exposure to payroll and finance would be deemed highly desirable
- Experience working for a tech business or in a fast-growth start-up is a major asset
- We are looking for a positive individual with effective and empathetic communication skills
- You’ll have the ability to multi-task and handle competing deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- You have high attention to detail, are proactive, assertive, and self motivated
- We offer 25 vacation days but recognise that some people like more personal time! We offer the option of buying up to 5 additional vacation days per year
- We offer a wellness allowance of 100 GBP per month. We would like our employees to use this towards private medical health, a gym membership, or health and wellness related expenses
- INSTANDA matches employee pension contributions up to 3% of basic salary – we help you save!
- We offer a discretionary quarterly bonus based on the performance of the company for our employees who have passed their probationary period
- Flexibility to work one day from home
- One year after joining the company, employees are eligible for share options
- We offer a competitive learning and development subsidy for our employees once they pass probation
- We are introducing a Cycle to Work Scheme
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role
- We are not using any agencies or staffing firms for this role – please do not contact us