Project Manager (with work from home 1-2 days per week)
Based in the UK, INSTANDA is an insurance software provider challenging the status quo. We have built an exciting software tool which fundamentally changes how companies who sell insurance can design and deliver insurance products to the market. We work directly with Insurers, Managing General Agents (MGA’s), and Brokers. Using leading edge technologies, INSTANDA insurance software is entirely configurable from the ground up. It is not a one-size-fits-all model. We allow companies to use insurance software in the way they want to. We have many global clients using INSTANDA who confirm the game-changing benefits of the product - significant speed coupled with time and cost savings for the insurance sector.
Founded in 2012, we spent several years designing and building the platform which is now being used globally by some of the world’s largest insurance companies. Amongst our many achievements, we were recently chosen by Microsoft UK as a disruptive technology that their ventures program sponsored. INSTANDA now has over 60 employees based in the UK (London, Huntingdon, and Cambridge), in the US, and we are looking to hire Canadians to be based at our partners office in Burlington.
Learn more about us at www.instanda.com
Based in Burlington, we are seeking a Project Manager to join the Service & Delivery team. Reporting to our COO, this a new position being added to the INSTANDA team. As one of UK’s fastest growing insurtech’s, we are fortunate in having insurance companies and brokers request to implement our product for their insurance products around the globe, including Canada. We are looking for someone who loves to run rapid Agile projects and keep our clients happy. You are someone who enjoys understanding who our clients are, what they need, and when. You have strong collaboration skills which you will use to partner with the COO to prioritise tasks with our sales, configuration, engineering and platform delivery teams. You will help to set up and run processes to maximise how our teams operate.
We are seeking a proactive, detail oriented and technically savvy individual who can manage changing priorities with a passion for client delivery. Being a start-up, this role will continue to evolve and grow based on the successful candidate’s experiences and contributions. If this sounds like you, please keep reading and apply!
Responsibilities will include:
- Managing the Instanda delivery for individual clients from project set-up through planning, configuration, testing and careful transition to support; commonly you would expect to manage 3-5 projects at one time
- Being a single point of contact for all your client’s issues until safely handing them into support
- Weekly client reporting on delivery status
- Collaborating with internal and external team members to manage efficient delivery of our clients’ requirements
- Supporting definition of the standard INSTANDA delivery process
- Mitigating issues and risks, for example:
- Ensuring the client books sufficient resources at appropriate times e.g. test resources.
- What additional development does the client need and managing expectations over scheduling?
- How many people do we need and when to ensure we meet our SLAs in Europe and North America
- Based on how many new clients we are getting, how many people should we hire and when?
- What are common issues coming back from support and how can we resolve them?
- What should we do to improve our client training materials?
- What processes are no longer valuable and what should we implement instead (if any?)
- Spotting patterns and effectively communicating how to proceed
- Collaborating with the sales and account management team on client priorities
- Collaborating with the development team on roadmap priorities and delivery status
- Providing handover into support at appropriate times of the project
- 5+ years of professional experience in project management and client service roles (internships count!)
- Exposure to the insurance industry is a must
- Experienced running Agile projects
- Strong organisation skills with a strong understanding of business drivers
- Experienced managing multiple priorities and thinking outside the box while managing clear communication with all stakeholders
- Excellent relationship building skills with a knack to manage difficult messages
- A collaborative, positive and fun outlook is a must
- You like to work autonomously and as a contributing member of a cross functional team
- You enjoy managing multiple efforts simultaneously
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with a flair for expressing technical concepts in everyday language
NICE TO HAVES
- A degree in Business, Engineering, Maths or equivalent is an asset
- Experience working for a start-up or fast paced technology focused company
- A certification in one or more Project Management methodologies is an asset
- Experience configuration products is a major asset
- You can be part of a brand new small team making big changes - especially being one of the first Canadian employees
- We offer 25 vacation days but recognize that some people like more personal time! We offer the option of buying up to 5 additional vacation days per year
- Our Canadian Health & Wellness Benefits are still TBD -- but help us form what this should look like!
- We offer a discretionary quarterly bonus based on the performance of the company for our employees who have passed their probationary period
- Some travel opportunities for visiting overseas clients, and of course to visit the mothership in the UK
- We offer flexibility to work from home 1-2 days per week
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Please apply directly online before Feb 5th
- You must be eligible to work in Canada to apply for this role