Based in the UK, INSTANDA is an insurance software provider challenging the status quo. We have built an exciting software tool which fundamentally changes how companies who sell insurance can design and deliver insurance products to the market. We work directly with Insurers, Managing General Agents (MGA’s), and Brokers. Using leading edge technologies, INSTANDA insurance software is entirely configurable from the ground up. It is not a one-size-fits-all model. We allow companies to use insurance software in the way they want to. We have many global clients using INSTANDA who confirm the game-changing benefits of the product - significant speed coupled with time and cost savings for the insurance sector.
Founded in 2012, we spent several years designing and building the platform which is now being used globally by some of the world’s largest insurance companies. Amongst our many achievements, we were recently chosen by Microsoft UK as a disruptive technology that their ventures program sponsored. INSTANDA now has over 50 employees based in London, Huntingdon, and Histon.
Learn more about us at www.instanda.com and watch an overview of our company by clicking here.
Based in London, we are seeking a System Analyst to join the team. This is a senior role within the team. This role requires the business architect to understand the INSTANDA organization as a whole and than work with our clients to identify how to apply our platform services and functionalities to their business. The Business Architect will the clearly communicate, analyse and be part of a team to deliver the solution our clients need. Our clients face technology and resource constraints which mean that new insurance products and/or offerings could take a very long time to launch and be very costly. With INSTANDA however, insurers can build their products, set their distribution networks, test and launch their products in unprecedented timescales – all without writing a single line of code. With the knowledge of how the insurance sector works, you will have the ability to motivate our clients and lead beneficial changes for their business.
Responsibilities will include:
- Effectively capture, analyse and document business requirements with a solutions based approach
- Partner with our business analysts, service delivery and engineering teams to support design and sign off of potential new functionalities
- Produce written documentation to report and present recommendations to our clients
- Implement and configure the selected INSTANDA solution (we provide training – no complex coding required)
- Support the UAT process of the INSTANDA configuration and of new functionalities
- Train INSTANDA clients/users about our SAAS product to successfully hand over the configurations
- Take a hands-on approach to trouble shooting
- This role will require travel to client sites in London and surrounding area with occasional travel to other parts of the UK and overseas
- A degree in Maths, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent degree is an asset
- 5+ years of professional experiences in a business analyst or project manager role (internships count!)
- 2+ years experience working with a SaaS based product and/or in the insurance industry
- Excellent MS office suite of products Excel with strong working knowledge of formulas and functionalities
- Comfort with public speaking and workshop facilitation
- Ability to manage competing deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to be organized and prioritize while leading others
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills
- Effective leadership and coaching abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a flair to express technical concepts in an everyday language
- Ability to identify strategic and operational process improvements in a collaborative way
- Strong interest in business or product development
NICE TO HAVES
- Exposure to insurance product design, e-trading or TCF guidelines is an asset
- You have the opportunity to be part of a brand new small team making big changes
- We offer 25 vacation days but recognize that some people like more personal time! We offer the option of buying up to 5 additional vacation days per year
- We offer a wellness allowance of 100 GBP per month. We would like our employees to use this towards private medical health, a gym membership, or health and wellness related expenses
- INSTANDA matches employee pension contributions up to 3% of basic salary – we help you save!
- We offer a discretionary quarterly bonus based on the performance of the company for our employees who have passed their probationary period
- We are introducing a Cycle to Work Scheme
- Our London office is located in a We Work space – that means you can take advantage of fun meet ups, beer on tap, snacks and fun activities organized by We Work
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Please apply before December 5th, 2017
- We are not using any agencies or staffing firms for this role – please do not contact us
- You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role