Platform Service Manager
Based in the UK, INSTANDA is an insurance software provider challenging the status quo. We have built an exciting software tool which fundamentally changes how companies who sell insurance can design and deliver insurance products to the market. We work directly with Insurers, Managing General Agents (MGA’s), and Brokers. Using leading-edge technologies, INSTANDA insurance software is entirely configurable from the ground up. It is not a one-size-fits-all model. We allow companies to use insurance software in the way they want to. We have many global clients using INSTANDA who confirm the game-changing benefits of the product — significant speed coupled with time and cost savings for the insurance sector.
Founded in 2012, we spent several years designing and building the platform which is now being used globally by some of the world’s largest insurance companies. Amongst our many achievements, we were recently chosen by Microsoft UK as a disruptive technology that their ventures program sponsored. With just 20 employees in the company in January 2017, INSTANDA now has over 60 employees based in the UK (London, Histon, and Huntingdon), in the US, and Canada. We are expanding globally and look forward to hiring employees throughout London, Europe, and North America to join our team.
Learn more about us at https://instanda.com/
Based in Histon, we are seeking a Platform Service Manager to join the Service & Delivery team. Reporting to the COO, this a position focusing on a wide range of service delivery responsibilities which effect our clients. This role will also manage the resource dedicated to internal technical support and technical admin.
This role oversees the delivery of the INSTANDA product to its clients and establishes policies required to ensure service performance is in line with agreed contractual Service Levels. The role is also responsible for evaluating internal and customer feedback to develop any ongoing quality improvement processes. This role and the team will be crucial to help create the training and documentation of our product for clients. The Platform Service Manager will also have responsibility for management of the regression testing of the platform, and supporting the platform once we go live. As our company grows globally, this role will continue to evolve and grow based on the successful candidate’s experiences and contributions.
We are seeking a proactive, detail oriented and technically savvy individual who can manage changing priorities with a passion and experience for platform delivery. This role is for someone who is a builder and shines when its time to fix things. If this sounds like you, please keep reading and apply!
Responsibilities will include:
- Understand our clients on boarding requirements and timelines, organizing the training and support functions accordingly while efficiently collaborating with our sales, configuration and engineering teams to ensure our Go Live plans are in order
- Manage a small team of test engineers to coordinate regression testing before Go Live
- Create and implement document templates for internal and external use
- Collaborate with the sales team to introduce the ‘support’ function to new clients
- Develop and manage resources, tools, and process to support live customers
- Manage a customer facing support team (to be built by you) and the QA engineering team
- Create and implement customer feedback tools and processes
- Implement processes and as the role and company grows
- Based on the drive of the successful candidate, this role can include the chance to collaborate with the CFO to prepare ad hoc financial reports for internal use, meetings, investor updates, board meetings and for fundraising
- Design the vision and goals for the new Instanda support function and bring this to life in all aspects of deliverables and team interactions.
- Develop a Service Improvement Plan to ensure continual improvement of People, Process, Tools and Product.
- Performance and Service Level reporting and customer service review meetings.
- 3rd party call handling provider Performance (Supplier management)
- 3rd party hosting Azure Performance (Supplier management)
- Process owner and manager for all Support processes ensuring continually reviewed and matured
- Ownership of the Service Desk tool Freshdesk
- Operational Risk Log – Ensure it is used correctly and critical risks and issues are escalated to the Directors
- Ensuring the Monitoring of Operational Alerts and follow-up
- Internal and external support communications / updates
- Managing all Customer feedback (verbal, surveys, questionnaires)
- Customer Escalations / be primary point of contact for customer
- A degree in Business, Engineering, Maths or equivalent degree is an asset
- ITIL qualification is an asset
- At least 5 year of professional experiences in customer focused service delivery roles
- Previous experience of managing a test team within a small – medium organisation – preferably within a cloud operating environment
- Experience of configuring and using Service Desk tools (e.g. ServiceNow, FreshDesk)
- Strong leadership skills with proven ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Exceptional attention to detail and processes with proven ability to be organized and prioritize
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a flair to express technical concepts in an everyday language
- Able to work with a sense of urgency
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience working in the insurance industry would be an asset
- Experience working for a start-up or fast paced technology focused company is an asset
- You have the opportunity to be part of a brand new small team making big changes
- We offer 25 vacation days but recognize that some people like more personal time! We offer the option of buying up to 5 additional vacation days per year
- We offer a wellness allowance of 100 GBP per month. We would like our employees to use this towards private medical health, a gym membership, or health and wellness related expenses
- INSTANDA matches employee pension contributions up to 3% of basic salary – we help you save!
- We offer a discretionary quarterly bonus based on the performance of the company for our employees who have passed their probationary period
- We are introducing a Cycle to Work Scheme
- Our London office is located in a We Work space – that means you can take advantage of fun meet ups, beer on tap, snacks and fun activities organized by We Work
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Please apply before December 1st, 2018
- We are not using any agencies or staffing firms for this role – please do not contact us
- You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role