Senior InsurTech Enthusiast (job title to be defined later)
Based in the UK, INSTANDA is an insurance software provider challenging the status quo. We have built an exciting software tool which fundamentally changes how companies who sell insurance can design and deliver insurance products to the market. We work directly with Insurers, Managing General Agents (MGA’s), and Brokers. Using leading edge technologies, INSTANDA insurance software is entirely configurable from the ground up. It is not a one-size-fits-all model. We allow companies to use insurance software in the way they want to. We have many global clients using INSTANDA who confirm the game-changing benefits of the product - significant speed coupled with time and cost savings for the insurance sector.
Founded in 2012, we spent several years designing and building the platform which is now being used globally by some of the world’s largest insurance companies. Amongst our many achievements, we were recently chosen by Microsoft UK as a disruptive technology that their ventures program sponsored. INSTANDA now has over 100 employees based in the UK (London, Huntingdon, and Cambridge), in the US, and we are looking to hire Canadians to be based at our partners office in Burlington.
Learn more about us at www.instanda.com and watch an overview of our business by clicking here.
Following our success in the UK, Europe, and USA, we are excited to build our Canadian team in 2020. We will be looking to open our offices in downtown Toronto. Prior to hiring for a number of roles, we are looking for senior individuals with a strong insurance background coupled with a sophisticated understanding of web based technologies. We will be looking to add senior operators in Toronto who can help with Sales, Service Delivery and Project Management. These individuals should have the ability to clearly communicate, analyse and be part of a team to deliver the solution our clients need.
Our clients face technology and resource constraints which mean that new insurance products and/or offerings could take a very long time to launch and be very costly. With INSTANDA however, insurers can build their products, set their distribution networks, test and launch their products in unprecedented timescales – all without writing a single line of code. The person in this role will ensure our customers can successfully and easily do all these things and more!
Responsibilities could include:
- Partner with the Senior Leadership Team to expand the INSTANDA product into Canada
- Participate in workshops and interviews our clients and stakeholders
- Effectively capture, understand, define and document business requirements
- Partner with our service delivery and engineering teams to support design and sign off potential new functionalities
- Implement and configure the selected INSTANDA solution (we provide training – no complex coding required)
- Support the UAT process of the INSTANDA configuration and of new functionalities
- Train INSTANDA clients/users about our SAAS product to successfully hand over the configurations
- This job will require travel to client sites in the GTA with occational travel across the Americas with visits to the UK
- These roles will be further defined as individuals join our teams... a 'jack of all trades' will eventually specialise in a specific area
- A degree in Maths, Business, Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent degree is an asset
- 5+ years of professional experiences in a Senior Insurance roles with a software exposure
- Experience working with a SaaS based product and/or in the insurance industry
- Excellent Excel skills, with strong working knowledge of formulas and functionalities
- Ability to manage competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Proven ability to be organized and prioritize
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a flair to express technical concepts in an everyday language
- Must be comfortable with working independently
- Must be self motivated
- Must be comfortable training new employees as they join the company
- You can be part of a brand new small team making big changes - especially being one of the first Canadian employees
- We offer 25 vacation days but recognize that some people like more personal time! We offer the option of buying up to 5 additional vacation days per year
- Our Canadian Health & Wellness Benefits are still TBD -- but help us form what this should look like!
- We offer a discretionary quarterly bonus based on the performance of the company for our employees who have passed their probationary period
- Some travel opportunities for visiting overseas clients, and of course to visit the mothership in the UK
- We offer flexibility to work from home 1-2 days per week
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Please apply directly online before Feb 5th
- You must be eligible to work in Canada to apply for this role