Based in the UK, INSTANDA is an insurance software provider challenging the status quo. We have built an exciting software tool which fundamentally changes how companies who sell insurance can design and deliver insurance products to the market. We work directly with Insurers, Managing General Agents (MGA’s), and Brokers. Using leading edge technologies, INSTANDA insurance software is entirely configurable from the ground up. It is not a one-size-fits-all model. We allow companies to use insurance software in the way they want to. We have many global clients using INSTANDA who confirm the game-changing benefits of the product - significant speed coupled with time and cost savings for the insurance sector.
Founded in 2012, we spent several years designing and building the platform which is now being used globally by some of the world’s largest insurance companies. Amongst our many achievements, we were recently chosen by Microsoft UK as a disruptive technology that their ventures program sponsored. INSTANDA now has over 25 employees based in London, Huntingdon, and Cambridge.
Learn more about us at www.instanda.com
Based in Cambridge or Huntington, we are seeking an Accountant Assistant to join the Finance team. This is a new position focusing on the full range of accounting activities to ensure the smooth running of the daily sales, purchase and nominal transactions and result in timely and accurate management accounts. We expect this role will continue to evolve based on the successful candidate’s experiences and contributions.
We are seeking a proactive, detail oriented and technically savvy individual who has a passion and experience with accounting and the desire to build on that experience to become a valued business partner with a growing business
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintenance of Sales, Purchase, Fixed Asset and General Ledger modules in Xero including appropriate accruals, prepayments and other journals
- Ensure all invoices and expenses are appropriately allocated and posted, making sure VAT treatment is accurate and accounts are paid and collected in a timely manner
- Working with Account Managers and Customer Support teams to produce accurate and timely Sales invoicing based on client contracts and services provided
- Preparation and filing of VAT Returns
- Implement processes and financial controls as the role and company grows
- Prepare all vendor, employee, and supplier NDA's
- Manage payroll for contractors and employees
- Assist with any finance related queries related to all parts of the business (HR, Operations, Engineering)
Based on the drive of the successful candidate, this role will include the chance to collaborate with the CFO to prepare ad hoc financial reports for internal use, meetings, investor updates and board meetings.
- A degree in Accounting, Maths, Business, or equivalent degree is an asset
- Accounting qualification (such as AAT or part qualified ACCA or ACA)
- At least 18 months of professional experiences in an accounting or finance (internships count!)
- Exceptional attention to detail and processes with proven ability to be organized and prioritize
- Experience with systems such as Xero, Harvest, and SharePoint are an asset
- Excellent Excel skills, with strong working knowledge of formulas and functions with an exposure to financial modelling an advantage
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Strong conceptual, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a flair to express technical concepts in an everyday language
- Able to work with a sense of urgency
NICE TO HAVES
- Experience of sales Invoicing based on client contracts would be an advantage
- Experience working in the insurance industry would be an asset
- Experience working for a start-up or fast paced technology focused company is an asset
- You have the opportunity to be part of a brand new small team making big changes
- We offer 25 vacation days but recognize that some people like more personal time!
- We offer a wellness allowance of 100 GBP per month. We would like our employees to use this towards private medical health, a gym membership, or health and wellness related expenses
- Our London office is located in a We Work space – that means you can take advantage of fun meet ups, beer on tap, snacks and fun activities organized by We Work
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Please apply before July 14th, 2017
- We are not using any agencies or staffing firms for this role – please do not contact us
- You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role