Based in the UK, INSTANDA is an insurance software provider challenging the status quo. We have built an exciting software tool which fundamentally changes how companies who sell insurance can design and deliver insurance products to the market. We work directly with Insurers, Managing General Agents (MGA’s), and Brokers. Using leading-edge technologies, INSTANDA insurance software is entirely configurable from the ground up. It is not a one-size-fits-all model. We allow companies to use insurance software in the way they want to. We have many global clients using INSTANDA who confirm the game-changing benefits of the product — significant speed coupled with time and cost savings for the insurance sector.
Founded in 2012, we spent several years designing and building the platform which is now being used globally by some of the world’s largest insurance companies. Amongst our many achievements, we were recently chosen by Microsoft UK as a disruptive technology that their ventures program sponsored. With just 20 employees in the company in January 2017, INSTANDA now has over 100 employees based in the UK (London, Histon, and Huntingdon), in the US, and Canada. We are expanding globally and look forward to hiring employees throughout London, Europe, and North America to join our team.
Learn more about us at https://instanda.com/
We are looking to hire Configuration Lead to join and lead our London-based Configuration team. You will be reporting into our COO – International and this opportunity will offer you the chance to led an established team, be part of our hypergrowth journey and work in one of the most innovative InsurTech’s in the UK.
As the Configuration Lead your responsibilities and challenges will include:
- lead the team to build and deliver insurance products for distribution on the INSTANDA platform (we provide training – no complex coding required)
- be the advocate and leader of best practice across the team in terms of all aspects of the project lifecycle
- lead and participate in workshops and interviews with our clients and stakeholders
- effectively capture, understand, define and document business requirements alongside our Implementation Consultants
- partner with our service delivery and engineering teams to support design and sign off potential new functionalities
- support the UAT process of the INSTANDA configuration and of new functionalities
- train INSTANDA clients/users about our SaaS product to successfully hand over the configurations
- take a hands-on approach to troubleshooting and finding solutions for client needs and requirements
- take ownership of the creation of case studies and white papers pertaining to our solutions
- as the Configuration Lead, you should expect to travel to client sites in London and the surrounding area with occasional travel to other parts of the UK and overseas
- you will have a Degree or Masters in a subject underpinned by strong mathematical skills
- you will have a proven track record as a Configuration Subject Matter Expert, Lead or Manager or you will have the transferable skills and experience an Implementation Lead or Consultant
- previous experience in a service provision or client delivery business or function would be highly advantageous
- you'll be able to demonstrate and provide examples of where you have partnered effectively to define business requirements and translated client requirements into workable technical solutions
- we’d like you to provide us with evidence of where you have used logical reasoning to deliver solutions
- the nature of our business requires a consultative approach and the ability to listen to our clients, we will be looking for you to evidence your soft skills and client relationship management.
- we want to learn more about your experience of managing interdependencies between your team, business and clients
- you will be an advanced Excel user or have a strong working knowledge of formulas and functionalities (VBA not required)
- we will want to understand your experience and approach to stakeholder management and understand how you approach commercial decision making, prioritisation and deadlines
- experience of SaaS-based products is a distinct advantage
- your experience of working for Insurance clients would be highly advantageous
- exposure to insurance product design, e-trading or TCF guidelines is desirable
- we offer 25 vacation days but recognise that some people like more personal time! We offer the option of buying up to 5 additional vacation days per year
- we offer a wellness allowance of 100 GBP per month. We would like our employees to use this towards private medical health, a gym membership, or health and wellness related expenses
- INSTANDA matches employee pension contributions up to 3% of basic salary – we help you save!
- we offer a discretionary quarterly bonus based on the performance of the company for our employees who have passed their probationary period
- flexibility to work one day from home
- one year after joining the company, employees are eligible for share options
- we offer a competitive learning and development subsidy for our employees once they pass probation
- we are introducing a Cycle to Work Scheme