Based in the UK, INSTANDA is an insurance software provider challenging the status quo. We have built an exciting software tool which fundamentally changes how companies who sell insurance can design and deliver insurance products to the market. We work directly with Insurers, Managing General Agents (MGA’s), and Brokers. Using leading-edge technologies, INSTANDA insurance software is entirely configurable from the ground up. It is not a one-size-fits-all model. We allow companies to use insurance software in the way they want to. We have many global clients using INSTANDA who confirm the game-changing benefits of the product — significant speed coupled with time and cost savings for the insurance sector.
Founded in 2012, we spent several years designing and building the platform which is now being used globally by some of the world’s largest insurance companies. Amongst our many achievements, we were recently chosen by Microsoft UK as a disruptive technology that their ventures program sponsored. With just 20 employees in the company in January 2017, INSTANDA now has over 60 employees based in the UK (London, Histon, and Huntingdon), in the US, and Canada. We are expanding globally and look forward to hiring employees throughout London, Europe, and North America to join our team.
Learn more about us at https://instanda.com/
We are looking for a Business Analyst to join our Solutions team based in London or Histon. This is a customer facing role focusing on gathering requirements, documentation, and client support of the INSTANDA platform to meet our clients’ needs. No prior experience of the INSTANDA platform is required but exposure to the insurance industry is a huge asset. We are seeking smart and technically savvy individuals who have strong business analysis skills to join the team. The individual should have the ability to clearly communicate, analyse and be part of a team to deliver the solution our clients need. Our clients face technology and resource constraints which mean that new insurance products and/or offerings could take a very long time to launch and be very costly. With INSTANDA however, insurers can build their products, set their distribution networks, test and launch their products in unprecedented timescales – all without writing a single line of code. The person in this role will ensure our customers can successfully and easily do all these things and more!
Responsibilities will include:
- Participate in workshops and interviews our clients and stakeholders
- Effectively capture, understand, define and document business requirements
- Partner with our service delivery and engineering teams to support design and sign off potential new functionalities
- Support the UAT process of the INSTANDA configuration and of new functionalities
- Train INSTANDA clients/users about our SaaS product
- Take a hands-on approach to trouble shooting
- This role will require travel to client sites in London and surrounding area with occasional travel to other parts of the UK and overseas
- A Bachelors or Masters degree
- 3+ years of professional experiences in a Business Analysis role (internships count!) of which you have ideally spent time in a fast growing organization
- Ability to write good requirements
- Exposure to the SDLC and has spent time in software delivery roles and understand it in terms of a developer
- Advanced user of Excel
- Must be commercially savvy with strong listening skills
- Proven ability to be organized and prioritize
- Confident presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle competing deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Experience working for a tech business or a start up is a major asset
- Experience in US or international markets is a positive asset
- You will get to work with one of the worlds best insurtech brands
- You have the opportunity to be part of a brand new small team making big changes
- We offer 25 vacation days but recognize that some people like more personal time! We offer the option of buying up to 5 additional vacation days per year
- We offer a wellness allowance of 100 GBP per month. We would like our employees to use this towards private medical health, a gym membership, or health and wellness related expenses. We also deliver fresh fruit to the office weekly!
- We are introducing a Cycle to Work Scheme
- Our London office is located in a WeWork space — that means you can take advantage of fun meet-ups, beer on tap, snacks, and fun activities organised by WeWork
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- We are not using any agencies or staffing firms for this role – please do not contact us
- You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role