Recruiting & On Boarding Specialist
Based in the UK, INSTANDA is an insurance software provider challenging the status quo. We have built an exciting software tool which fundamentally changes how companies who sell insurance can design and deliver insurance products to the market. We work directly with Insurers, Managing General Agents (MGA’s), and Brokers. Using leading-edge technologies, INSTANDA insurance software is entirely configurable from the ground up. It is not a one-size-fits-all model. We allow companies to use insurance software in the way they want to. We have many global clients using INSTANDA who confirm the game-changing benefits of the product — significant speed coupled with time and cost savings for the insurance sector.
Founded in 2012, we spent several years designing and building the platform which is now being used globally by some of the world’s largest insurance companies. Amongst our many achievements, we were recently chosen by Microsoft UK as a disruptive technology that their ventures program sponsored. With just 20 employees in the company in January 2017, INSTANDA now has over 45 employees based in London and Cambridge. We are expanding globally and look forward to hiring employees throughout London, Europe, and North America to join our team.
Learn more about us at https://instanda.com/
Based in London or Histon (near Cambridge), we are seeking an intuitive and smart Recruiting and On Boarding specialist to grow our team. Reporting to the Head of Talent and HR, we are looking for someone to join us for a one-year contract with a strong possibility to go permanent. This is a very exciting role allowing someone to hire critical resources into our fast growing start-up while shaping our on boarding experience. We are looking for someone to join us who will maintain or upgrade our current recruiting standards (It’s a high bar to join us!) while designing new procedures for on boarding (but also for things such as sourcing, building a pipeline, and building our brand). The Head of Talent will be on maternity leave remaining involved as a coach and sounding board for this role but is excited to watch someone own and execute the recruiting function. This role is meant for a person who is passionate about growing a business with the best possible talent and gets excited seeing the contributions of each successful hire! It is not just about filling the vacancy, but truly about understanding the business and commercial drivers behind the requirements. If this sounds like you, we look forward to reviewing your application.
Responsibilities will include:
- Partner with our CEO, COO, and hiring managers to identify upcoming vacancy requirements
- Write and advertise job postings after getting a clear and defined understanding of the role
- Manage the interview process with each hiring manager
- Manage all staffing firm and agency relations including contract negotiations
- Determine offer proposals and draft offer letters and employment contracts
- Conduct business references
- Own the creation and continuous enhancement of the on boarding process working with the hiring managers and office manage to ensure our new employees seamlessly integrate into the business
- Identify tools and technology to enhance the on boarding, and HR admin processes
- Implement new sourcing methods (campus recruiting, internships, building a pipeline, etc.)
- Advice hiring manager on best practices for employee selection and interview process
- Recommend ways to improve our employer brand
- Effectively partner with other internal departments to ensure processes are seamless and clear
- Keep records of important metrics such as recruiting costs, vendor costs, and more!
- A Bachelors or Masters degree
- 3+ years of professional experiences in a recruiting and/or HR role (internships count!) of which you have spent time in a fast growing organization
- Professional experience using one or more applicant tracking systems and other HR databases and technologies
- Must be commercially savvy with strong listening skills
- An expert using the internet, social media and professional networks for recruiting purposes (LinkedIn, GitHub, Boolean searches, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – our product may not sound sexy, but it really is. How do you explain that to potential candidates?
- Proven ability to be organized and prioritize
- Intermediate working of Excel is a must
- Confident presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to multi-task and handle competing deadlines in a fast-paced dynamic environment
- Experience working for a tech business or a start up is a major asset
- Knowledge of HR legislation is a major asset
- You will get to work with one of the worlds best insurtech brands
- You have the opportunity to be part of a brand new small team making big changes
- We offer 25 vacation days but recognize that some people like more personal time! We offer the option of buying up to 5 additional vacation days per year
- We offer a wellness allowance of 100 GBP per month. We would like our employees to use this towards private medical health, a gym membership, or health and wellness related expenses. We also deliver fresh fruit to the office weekly!
- We are introducing a Cycle to Work Scheme
- Our London office is located in a WeWork space — that means you can take advantage of fun meet-ups, beer on tap, snacks, and fun activities organised by WeWork
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Please apply directly online
- We are not using any agencies or staffing firms for this role – please do not contact us
- You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role