Junior Software Tester
Based in the UK, INSTANDA is an insurance software provider challenging the status quo. We have built an exciting software tool which fundamentally changes how companies who sell insurance can design and deliver insurance products to the market. We work directly with Insurers, Managing General Agents (MGA’s), and Brokers. Using leading edge technologies, INSTANDA insurance software is entirely configurable from the ground up. It is not a one-size-fits-all model. We allow companies to use insurance software in the way they want to. We have many global clients using INSTANDA who confirm the game-changing benefits of the product - significant speed coupled with time and cost savings for the insurance sector.
Founded in 2012, we spent several years designing and building the platform which is now being used globally by some of the world’s largest insurance companies. Amongst our many achievements, we were recently chosen by Microsoft UK as a disruptive technology that their ventures program sponsored. INSTANDA now has over 35 employees based in London, Huntingdon, and Histon (near Cambridge).
Learn more about our company at www.instanda.com and watch an overview about us by clicking here.
Based in either Huntingdon or Histon in Cambridgeshire, we are seeking a Junior Software Tester to join our team. We are looking for a proactive individual who loves learning new things to join our team. You must be curious and want to learn about technology. You should have intermediate Excel skills too! Being a startup, we expect this role to grow and evolve over time. In this role, the software tester will simulate various roles: that of the INSTANDA client who is building and maintaining insurance websites, and that of the end user who is using these sites to purchase insurance products. You will be testing the system to ensure it is clear and easy to use and that it works as it should. This may mean targeted testing (to ensure that a particular bug or issue has been fixed), general testing (checking to see that a new piece of functionality works) or regression testing (checking existing functionality to ensure that it has not been affected by changes made to the system.
Some of your responsibilities could include:
- Writing and executing test scripts
- Running manual and automated tests
- Testing in different environments, including web and mobile
- Writing bug reports
- Communicate findings to technical and non-technical colleagues
- Implementing testing techniques and strategies
- A degree in Engineering, Maths or Computer Science is an asset
- 4+ months experience of progressive software testing experience in a professional environment (internships count!)
- Intermediate level Excel skills
- Exposure writing test scripts in C# is an asset
- Strong communication skills
- HTML and CSS is an asset
- Proven leader with the ability to work independently and in partnership with a team
- Excel functions
- Selenium or similar tool is an asset
- A proactive, curious, and positive attitude is a must!
- We welcome recent grads to apply
- You have the opportunity to be part of a brand new small team making big changes
- We offer 25 vacation days but recognize that some people like more personal time! We offer the option of buying up to 5 additional vacation days per year
- We offer a wellness allowance of 100 GBP per month. We would like our employees to use this towards private medical health, a gym membership, or health and wellness related expenses
- INSTANDA matches employee pension contributions up to 3% of basic salary – we help you save!
- We are introducing a Cycle to Work Scheme
- Our London office is located in a We Work space – that means you can take advantage of fun meet ups, beer on tap, snacks and fun activities organized by We Work
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- We will begin interviewing in the middle of October - please apply soon
- You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role