Based in the UK, INSTANDA is an insurance software provider challenging the status quo. We have built an exciting software tool which fundamentally changes how companies who sell insurance can design and deliver insurance products to the market. We work directly with Insurers, Managing General Agents (MGA’s), and Brokers. Using leading edge technologies, INSTANDA insurance software is entirely configurable from the ground up. It is not a one-size-fits-all model. We allow companies to use insurance software in the way they want to. We have many global clients using INSTANDA who confirm the game-changing benefits of the product - significant speed coupled with time and cost savings for the insurance sector.
Founded in 2012, we spent several years designing and building the platform which is now being used globally by some of the world’s largest insurance companies. Amongst our many achievements, we were recently chosen by Microsoft UK as a disruptive technology that their ventures program sponsored. INSTANDA now has over 100 employees based in the UK (London, Huntingdon, and Cambridge), the US and Canada.
Learn more about us at www.instanda.com and watch an overview of our business by clicking here.
We are looking to hire Configuration Analysts to join our team in London. These are customer facing roles focusing on gathering requirements, documentation, configuration and client support of the INSTANDA platform to meet our clients’ needs. No prior experience of the INSTANDA platform is required but exposure to the insurance industry is a huge asset. We are seeking smart and technically savvy individuals who have strong project management skills to join the team. These individuals should have the ability to clearly communicate, analyse and be part of a team to deliver the solution our clients need. Our clients face technology and resource constraints which mean that new insurance products and/or offerings could take a very long time to launch and be very costly. With INSTANDA however, insurers can build their products, set their distribution networks, test and launch their products in unprecedented timescales – all without writing a single line of code. The person in this role will ensure our customers can successfully and easily do all these things and more!
Responsibilities will include:
- build and deliver insurance products for distribution on the INSTANDA platform (we provide training – no complex coding required)
- participate in workshops and interviews with our clients and stakeholders
- effectively capture, understand, define and document business requirements
- partner with our service delivery and engineering teams to support design and sign off potential new functionalities
- support the UAT process of the INSTANDA configuration and of new functionalities
- train INSTANDA clients/users about our SAAS product to successfully hand over the configurations
- take a hands-on approach to troubleshooting
- for the London based roles, this role will require travel to client sites in London and the surrounding area with occasional travel to other parts of the UK and overseas
- you will have a proven capability as a Configuration Analyst or you will have the transferable skills and experience as a Business / Systems Analyst
- you will have an Technology, Engineering, Economics or Maths Degree
- experience in a client facing role, preferably within an IT delivery capacity.
- you'll be able to demonstrate and provide examples of where you have partnered effectively to define business requirements
- an ability to write business requirements that gather the clients' key criteria and align these to commercial and technical considerations will be a key to your success
- we’d like you to evidence your use of logical reasoning to deliver solutions
- your experience of working for Insurance clients will be central to your success and we’re open to the area of specialism
- the nature of our business requires a consultative approach and the ability to listen to our clients, we will be looking for you to evidence your soft skills and client relationship management.
- we want to learn more about your experience of managing interdependencies between your team, business and client.
- you will be an advanced Excel user or have a strong working knowledge of formulas and functionalities (VBA not required).
- we will want to understand your experience and approach to stakeholder management and understand how you approach commercial decision making, prioritisation and deadlines
- experience of SaaS-based products is a distinct advantage
- a Bachelors or Masters degree is highly desirable
NICE TO HAVES
- Exposure to insurance product design, e-trading or TCF guidelines
- Stakeholder management or workshop facilitation experience is an asset
- We offer 25 vacation days but recognise that some people like more personal time! We offer the option of buying up to 5 additional vacation days per year
- We offer a wellness allowance of 100 GBP per month. We would like our employees to use this towards private medical health, a gym membership, or health and wellness related expenses
- INSTANDA matches employee pension contributions up to 3% of basic salary – we help you save!
- We offer a discretionary quarterly bonus based on the performance of the company for our employees who have passed their probationary period
- Flexibility to work one day from home
- One year after joining the company, employees are eligible for share options
- We offer a competitive learning and development subsidy for our employees once they pass probation
- We are introducing a Cycle to Work Scheme