Project Operations Analyst
Based in the UK, INSTANDA is an insurance software provider challenging the status quo. We have built an exciting software tool which fundamentally changes how companies who sell insurance can design and deliver insurance products to the market. We work directly with Insurers, Managing General Agents (MGA’s), and Brokers. Using leading edge technologies, INSTANDA insurance software is entirely configurable from the ground up. It is not a one-size-fits-all model. We allow companies to use insurance software in the way they want to. We have many global clients using INSTANDA who confirm the game-changing benefits of the product - significant speed coupled with time and cost savings for the insurance sector.
Founded in 2012, we spent several years designing and building the platform which is now being used globally by some of the world’s largest insurance companies. Amongst our many achievements, we were recently chosen by Microsoft UK as a disruptive technology that their ventures program sponsored. INSTANDA now has over 25 employees based in London, Huntingdon, and Cambridge.
Learn more about us at www.instanda.com
Based in London (near Aldgate Station), we are seeking a Project Operations Analyst to join the Service & Delivery team. Reporting to the Head of Client Delivery, this a new position being added to the INSTANDA team. As one of UK’s fastest growing insurtech’s, we are fortunate in having insurance companies and brokers request to implement our product for their insurance products. We are looking for someone who loves to use data, facts, and figures to help prioritize our work. You are someone who enjoys understanding who our clients are, what they need, and when. You have strong collaboration skills which you will use to partner with the Head of Client Delivery to prioritize tasks with our sales, configuration, engineering and platform delivery teams. You will help to set up and run processes to maximize how our teams operate.
We are seeking a proactive, detail oriented and technically savvy individual who can manage changing priorities with a passion for client delivery. Being a start-up, this role will continue to evolve and grow based on the successful candidate’s experiences and contributions. If this sounds like you, please keep reading and apply!
Responsibilities will include:
- Collecting and assessing data to make the proper decisions to ensure our team is operating in the most efficient way and adjusting assignment schedules for team members accordingly
- Managing the Instanda delivery for individual clients from project set-up through planning, configuration, testing and careful transition to support
- Weekly client reporting on delivery status
- Collaborating with internal and external team members to manage efficient delivery of our clients’ requirements
- Mitigating issues and risks, for example:
- How many people do we need and when to ensure we meet our SLAs in Europe and North America
- Based on how many new clients we are getting, how many people should we hire and when?
- What are common issues coming back from support and how can we resolve them?
- What should we do to improve our client training materials?
- What processes are no longer valuable and what should we implement instead (if any?)
- Spotting patterns and effectively communicating how to proceed
- Taking on a key contact role for clients with smaller projects in progress to manage their questions, concerns and updates
- Collaborating with the sales and account management team on client priorities
- Collaborating with the development team on roadmap priorities and delivery status.
- At least 2 years of professional experience in a PMO or similar role (internships count!)
- You have experience recommending processes using data that you have collected
- You are extremely organized, understand business drivers and enjoy juggling multiple priorities
- You enjoy thinking on your feet
- You are able to build relationships with all our team members and can communicate tough messages with ease (for example… our priority has changed, but for a good reason)
- You have a positive and fun outlook
- You like to work autonomously and as a contributing member of a cross functional team
- You enjoy managing multiple efforts simultaneously
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills with a flair for expressing technical concepts in everyday language
- You love the idea of working for a start-up
NICE TO HAVES
- A degree in Business, Engineering, Maths or equivalent is an asset
- Experience working in the insurance industry
- Experience working for a start-up or fast paced technology focused company
- Longer-term, you are looking to extend your career in project management, programme management or client account management
- You can be part of a brand new small team making big changes
- We offer 25 vacation days but recognize that some people like more personal time! We offer the option of buying up to 5 additional vacation days per year
- We offer a wellness allowance of 100 GBP per month. We would like our employees to use this towards private medical health, a gym membership, or health and wellness related expenses
- INSTANDA matches employee pension contributions up to 3% of basic salary – we help you save!
- We are introducing a Cycle to Work Scheme
- Our London office is located in a We Work space – that means you can take advantage of fun meet ups, beer on tap, snacks and fun activities organized by We Work
- Some travel opportunities for visiting overseas clients.
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Please apply before July 10th, 2017
- We are not using any agencies or staffing firms for this role – please do not contact us
- You must be eligible to work in the UK to apply for this role